Graphic Design Schools
In order to obtain a career in graphic design, students may need to receive at least 1-2 years of formal training. Those who choose to pursue the 4-year or higher degree levels may find better paid positions and more opportunities for growth and advancement into the future. Professional graphic designers may work on various projects, including computer design services, advertising and marketing, public relations, newspaper and print media, and other tasks that require their skills. There are many different art programs that students can pursue. Aside from the education that is required, there is no legal licensure necessary for this career. However, there are certifications that allow designers to showcase their talents and these can be obtained to help improve job prospects. The compensation for graphic design professionals varies greatly depending upon the exact position that they hold, and according to BLS the median annual wage of graphic designers was $43,500 in May 2010, given the experience and exact position that is held by the individual. Careers in graphic design will continue to grow with computer-related design fields seeing the most expansion into the next decade. Those who have higher levels of education or who hold degrees in computer-related design fields may find the highest paying positions and the most career opportunities.
Featured Graphic Design Schools:
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid